Wednesday, March 28, 2007

False start

After blogging copiously last night, I was exhausted both mentally and physically; the positions of the computers in our La Fortuna hostel were far from egonomically correct. Slept great though. Shout out to the brand new pair of earplugs that annihilated the existence of my 7 roommates for a solid 8 hours. Lucia and I had agreed to begin the drive to Monteverde in the morning in case of any unforeseen misfortune. We didn´t have to wait long. I should have recognized that something was wrong when I brought my bags out to the car and the power locks weren´t working. I mean, sometimes I catch on quickly; I totally knew that guy in Sixth Sense was dead way before anyone else did. But common sense failed me on this one, and I didn´t recognize that we had a problem until Lucia turned the key and then turned the headlights into the off position, two days late. There was about as much response from the battery as there has been to this blog. (Let´s work on the comments, readers!)

Again, with Bolivia-level expectations in mind, I braced myself for a hassle and a half trying to remedy this situation. But it was entirely painless. An Alamo employee appeared in record time, brandishing jumper cables, and we were on our way along Lonely Planet´s, and Sara´s and Lucia´s, #1 road to avoid in Costa Rica.

1 comment:

loud said...

that guy in the sixth sense was dead?!?!?!?!