Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meet Boring Barbara and Eskimo.

As Lucia discovered, I did not in fact post a blog entry last night. Let's discuss the events leading up to my lack of inspiration. Upon arriving at the most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in, we immediately partook in Costa Rica's finest treasures- cervezas at the hostel swim-up bar. While I, in true tica form, took forever to get ready, Lucia befriended potentially the most boring girl I've ever met- Boring Barbara. And for anyone who knows Lucia, this was quite a grave and uncharacteristic error. In addition, she made acquaintances with a Minnesota native who now lives in Alaska in an igloo and was dressed last night in a wife beater and visor. These were our dinner acquaintances. Funny to see the look on Eskimo's face when the food arrived and he realized he accidentally ordered HUGE antenna-bearing shrimp instead of oval-shaped rabbit blob. After dinner, I ran away from them in the direction of town and Lucia had no choice but to follow. Absolutely no happenin' downtown scene in La Fortuna at the ripe hour of 8pm, however we discovered a grocery store called Super Christian and proceeded to buy a six-pack there. We returned to the hostel and resumed drinking in the common area outside until Boring Barbara and Eskimo found us. After 5 minutes, I mumbled under my breath that I couldn't take another minute of this and escaped to the computer room. Boring Barbara entered shortly thereafter and I realized I really didn't need to blog so badly after all. Boring Barbara must have gotten the hint because the next time she joined Lucia, Eskimo, and me, she announced she was going swimming and left the three of us alone. Time passed, I smoked one of Eskimo's precious Camel Lights that I didn't really want, and Eskimo busted out various other smoking paraphanelia that he had been given by another tourist. We all moved to the hammock garden and etc etc all that needs to be said here is Eskimo was quite entertained by my peeing in a bag on a bus in Bolivia story. Otherwise rather uneventful, as Eskimo's nickname encompasses all that is interesting about him. He doesn't read books, which Lucia and I find suspect, and especially for an Eskimo without a TV or a phone.

1 comment:

loud said...

I don't trust people who don't read.