Friday, March 30, 2007

on the cusp

Folks, I don´t want to get your hopes up, but tonight is looking promising.
Today Sara y yo drove from Monteverde/Santa Elena to Tamarindo, which if you will remember was well reported as a den of iniquity. (not idea if I spelled that right. I am four beers in and Sara isn´t here)
We arrived after several bone jarring hours of travel - we have braved some bad roads, a random policia checkpoint and what Sara describes as the worst bathroom ever. if you get a chance you should ask her about the sesame bagel. and you should ask me about how not to consume so much liquid that peeing in such bathrooms is necessary. your kidneys will not fail and you will not be subjected to such atrocities.
We are staying in Villa Macondo (reference to a book that I am half way through, don't I feel in the know...) - which is actually adorable. we have a little patio with a table and three chairs and our own hammock overlooking a pool courtyard that is well landscaped. I am thrilled that we get all of this, our own beds and our own bathroom for 35/night. I admit to pushing Sara to the LP´s midrange pick. I could not stand another night in a dorm room. forgive me, but that whole thing just isn't charming to me. If I want to make out with an eskimo, my first thought should not be about our 6 roommates.
Well, well, if our next door neighbors aren't six fair to average looking boys that are out to drink and have a good time.
I will keep you posted,
Lucia (these keyboards are crazy. I can´t type for the life of me. and then when you think that your con accento is going to work, denied! augh.
PS Kevin and Molly, thanks for your comments. Kevin, I am glad that you share my fear of monkeys, if not for the same reasons. Molly, no natives. none. that was a pact that Sara and I agreed upon. I don´t care if they can dance.

2 comments:

11frogs said...

I hope you had a great time last night, but NO NATIVES?! Pshaw. No entiendo este para nada. Para mi, es la esencia fundamental del viaje, chiquita. Drunken white boys can be had anywhere in the world. The dancing and the natives and the sketchy bathrooms and the rodents for lunch ... ahh, that's the good stuff :)

M of the B&M said...

Ok...so what happened? The suspense is killing me!