Thursday, March 29, 2007

Joint post - possibly drunken

Lucía:
Primero we would like to thank you (meaning the four of you that are reading this) for commenting. you can´t know the throes (HOLD THE BOAT -Sara claims that throes is the correct spelling and I have no idea, but I was going to spell it throws. We both agree that 11 frogs will crucify us if we spell it wrong. I feel like a certain IS group lead that thinks that moot is spelled mute and can´t fathom why a country in the same hemisphere as the US would need an army of its own - so I am going with Sara. She probably has the higher IQ anyhow, safe bet. or, as she suggests, paid $120,000 more for her ¨number 14th ranked school in the nation¨education than Lucía, who was actually paid to attend her school, but it isn´t ranked pretty much anywhere.) of laughter that it sent us into in the common area of our hostel. The Possibly German, but Definitely Foreign boys at the computer next to us really enjoyed it. or continued to enjoy the pictures of girls leaning over and didn´t pay us any attention. whatever.
Loud, we are excited to hear what entering the next level of hell entails. we could probably find your blog, but umm, we can´t with the current state of the six pack of Bavaria Light that we bought at the Supermercado cerca de our hostel.
I want to just say that I did enjoy "our" hike, it was great. I went slower, with frequent stops, but I feel like I know the forest now. I tried to focus on the smell, so that I could remember that. Weird. I know.
Anyhow, I was scared (nearly to peeing in my pants) by howler monkeys. I seriously believed that a large pig or rodent like animal would be running down the path at me at the next bend. The adorable backpacker that Sara mentions was the one that I saw that corrected my erroneous worries. He and I spotted the monkeys together and it seemed like he got some good pictures with his long lens. nice looking lens, that.
okay, Sara and I are out and about on our last night in Santa Elena. We suspect that there is a hidden hot spot somewhere in this four mule town, and we are aching to find it.
To not leave anything to fate, we are headed to Tamarindo next which our bible, the LP describes such:
In the span of a few years, Tamarindo has changed from a small beach town into a well to do suburb of North American and European ex-pats...it´s easy to criticize Tamarindo, but it is what it is. If you came to CR to party all night long, sleep with strangers, and surf some great waves welcome to paradise.

Pura Vida!
Lucía

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, I am scared of monkeys too. Number one, they masturbate all the time. Number two, they will pickpocket you if you get too close.

Fun Monkey-Related Fact = Bonobos and dolphins are the only animals besides humans that have sex for pleasure.

Spanish Word of the Day = pendejo = dumbass

11frogs said...

I am proud of your 14th-ranked-school-in-the-nation spelling skillz, Sarita! Enjoy the partying in Tamarindo. I think we need at least one oh-how-those-costariqeno-hips-can-move stories before this blog is complete :)

Sleep late... dream more. said...

oh yes. i know this fear of monkeys. when I went to India, I wanted to stay as far away from the MOnkey Temple as possible. And only once while living in Japan was I excited at the possibility of seeing monkeys. That was while I was out on a mountain top... and only because there were 30 other people there with me that I was ready to push in front of the monkeys if/when they attacked...

loud said...

What do you mean moot is not spelled mute? Is it pronounced differently too?